• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silly car dealer games....

Text a friend to call you while you're sitting there negotiating then say the other dealer just made a better offer on theirs.
Actually I was texting another dealer's salesman that I'm working with on a Lariat that is super nice and not overloaded with geegaw crap that I don't need or want while I was 'waiting' at his desk.

Do your homework on the front end and know what a vehicle is worth, your credit score (if possible) and current fin options. Sorta like buying a Glock on the ODT, buyer beware without knowledge. BTW, the reason they walk over instead of calling is for the sales manager to give them a strategy in person for working the deal with you. They are asking a few questions that salesman can't answer in front of you. Sold cars way back in the day, so I have done this a time or two.

Actually I was texting another dealer's salesman that I'm working with on a Lariat that is super nice and not overloaded with geegaw crap that I don't need or want while I was 'waiting' at his desk.
I think the F150 you want is now called an SXT . I just hope to God you're not trying to deal with Five Star or Jeff Smith. Nothing but D bags in both organizations.

I've heard this old saying for years when I worked at new car lots that went " Every time you get up to go see your manager you lose money." And that's actually very true because the customer wants to go as low as possible. Your manager gets paid a monthly guarantee plus commission, So every time you take the work sheet back to him it's YOUR money he's cutting into.

I think the F150 you want is now called an SXT . I just hope to God you're not trying to deal with Five Star or Jeff Smith. Nothing but D bags in both organizations.
One dealer is Jeff Smith in Byron (baby), I hate that ****ing commercial. The other is Riverside. My dad runs parts for them all over Georgia but that's no reason to buy there. They just happen to have a very nice new Lariat I like.

LOL. Got the same crap when I bought my Lexus. I told the salesman I had to speak with my wife each time after he returned from "speaking with the manager". Left the dealership several times and shopped around with invoices from the competition in hand before closing the best deal.

Back
Top Bottom