• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silva Showboating Fail

Boxing has died....The only draw left is Money Mayweather and they spoon feed him fights and promote the hell out of the fights to "keep boxing alive". Once Mayweather is gone, boxing will be shortly behind.

Boxing has died....
Yep, it has. along with any vestige of civility.
I have to admit, I was wrong about my prediction. As much as I could appreciate a good boxing match, I used to think a sport, where the OBJECT of the 'game' was to render your opponent unconcious by a blow to the head would one day be viewed as barbaric as the gladiator fights to the death. Instead, we've now got 'ultimate fighting'. Seems we took a turn in a different direction somewhere along the way....

remember when they fought every saturday?

Growing up I would go downtown and watch my dad "fight" in Georgia Championship Wrestling. He wore a mask and was one of the bad guys that Ole Anderson, Bob and Brad Armstrong, Dusty Rhodes or Rick Flair got to beat up on. Good times.

Growing up I would go downtown and watch my dad "fight" in Georgia Championship Wrestling. He wore a mask and was one of the bad guys that Ole Anderson, Bob and Brad Armstrong, Dusty Rhodes or Rick Flair got to beat up on. Good times.
Are you serious? Ha! That's awesome.
I was a child of "Mid-South Wrestling". Dusty and Rick made the rounds, along with Junk Yard Dog, Ted Dibiase, The Iron Shiek, etc....
That's when wrasslin' was REAL! ;)

i remember seeing the good and the bad guys get out of an old limo after a match at a country store i lived close to. they all went in and bought beer and left together. i was amazed. i was also 10.

Are you serious? Ha! That's awesome.
I was a child of "Mid-South Wrestling". Dusty and Rick made the rounds, along with Junk Yard Dog, Ted Dibiase, The Iron Shiek, etc....
That's when wrasslin' was REAL! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom