• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silva Showboating Fail

I never watched it before but the other day my wife says you gotta watch Rick Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper on celebrity wife swaps. Nature Boy is still living the life of the Champ going out every night,buying rounds of drinks and living it up. He must of stashed some cash back!

Rowdy Rod Piper in one of my favorite movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love boxing as well. However, Royce Gracie changed all of that. After the Gracies.... Boxing is like watching a Football game where the players must all walk casually and only make incidental contact.

I agree. And as someone who has trained in MMA, I can appreciate the ground fighting aspect, which usually turns off people who don't like MMA, and I understand that too.
I remember watching the very first UFC and thinking that Royce Gracie was just laying on his opponents. I didn't get it.
It's one of those things that, once you experience it, you can appreciate it..much like firearms.

Boxing has died....The only draw left is Money Mayweather and they spoon feed him fights and promote the hell out of the fights to "keep boxing alive". Once Mayweather is gone, boxing will be shortly behind.

unfortunately, I agree with this.

Growing up I would go downtown and watch my dad "fight" in Georgia Championship Wrestling. He wore a mask and was one of the bad guys that Ole Anderson, Bob and Brad Armstrong, Dusty Rhodes or Rick Flair got to beat up on. Good times.

Love the old days of pro wrestling.

Last edited:
If organized crime can infiltrate major sports, don't doubt they had a hand in this outcome. Silva threw the fight and made it look like his arrogance cost him the win. The real winners and losers were not in that cage.
I wish I could agree with this. But if you have ever watched silva fight before and listened to his **** talking before this fight.... you would understand. without any doubt in my mind, I believe he got too cocky and got knocked the **** out. and when it happened I was jumping up and down like the falcons just won the superbowl. homer_woohoo-1nt7jm6.jpg

I never watched it before but the other day my wife says you gotta watch Rick Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper on celebrity wife swaps. Nature Boy is still living the life of the Champ going out every night,buying rounds of drinks and living it up. He must of stashed some cash back!
I ran into him at a club in Atlanat several years ago. 1) He's not NEARLY as big as he appears on TV. Matter of fact, he looked smaller than the average Joe. "Intimidating" wouldn't be anywhere on the list of descriptives. 2) He's a complete tool. One of thhe women I was with, pretty cute, went up to him to ask for an autograph for her young son. The music was really loud. When she first walked up he didn't understand what she said and apparently thought she was a groupie and he was salavating. When he finally figured out what she wanted, the expression on his face turned from lust to dusgust and he turned his back on her, literally, as if she were a pile. He seemed even smaller after that.

OH, I don't have a problem with it either, at all. I just don't get it. Boxing I can appreciate. Two guys beating the crap out of each other in what is almost a no-holds barred event for 'entertainment' I don't get. That's all.
THIS I can appreciate. Just another example of why I'm increasingly "old school" I guess... :orange:

I'm in the same boat. Give me a Micky Ward vs. Arturo Gatti match over any of these "octagon" fighters any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom