• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver: Am I buying at the wrong time?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
202   0
Reaction score
I know there is already a silver stacking thread but I don't feel like looking for it. I just opened a box from JM Bullion with 8 Sunshine Mint 1 oz rounds. I think I paid around $30.00 and change each with free shipping. I know I can't lose as long as I don't sell when it drops in price. But is there a cutoff point where you guys stop buying?
IMG_20210605_093040.jpg

People employ a lot of different strategies, sure the experienced will be by to add advice.

One thing though, "you can't lose" is not guaranteed, prices go up and down and can vary significantly, so timing is important. Also, when selling you're generally not going realize a retail price, the spread is where dealers make their money. PM is often a great hedge against inflation though, so hold onto it for a while unless the market goes crazy.

People employ a lot of different strategies, sure the experienced will be by to add advice.

One thing though, "you can't lose" is not guaranteed, prices go up and down and can vary significantly, so timing is important. Also, when selling you're generally not going realize a retail price, the spread is where dealers make their money. PM is often a great hedge against inflation though, so hold onto it for a while unless the market goes crazy.
Yeah I have never sold any but from what I hear you won't get the spot price from a metal dealer or worse a pawn shop.
At the beginning of the pandemic it dropped to around $13.00 an oz. But I didn't have the funds to buy at the time. Plus the big online dealers suddenly went from a $100 minimum order to $500. And I get it . They were probably overwhelmed at the time like ammo dealers and they figured they could make the same money and deal with fewer orders.

Also, I buy generic 1 oz rounds. I don't see the point in paying the premium for Eagles or Maple Leaves. Although I dig the look of the Maple Leaf. But is there a benefit to buying these popular gubment issued coins?

Also, I buy generic 1 oz rounds. I don't see the point in paying the premium for Eagles or Maple Leaves. Although I dig the look of the Maple Leaf. But is there a benefit to buying these popular gubment issued coins?

Eagles bring a higher premium, and folks prefer Eagles for this reason. I'm more of a coin collector than a pm hoarder. But I buy both when I feel its a strong longterm investment.

Back
Top Bottom