• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver Auction for Vanessa

Thank you so much for the update and keep us posted. We have a place on Lake Sinclair and had not known this happened. Can anyone tell us where on the lake this occurred?

Update.

Vanessa continues to improve and regain strength each day. The are shooting for a goal of being released from Scottish Rite next Wednesday. She is working hard in therapy to prove to all the doctors and therapist that she is ready to "break up out of there" as she puts it. She was able to play soccer yesterday during physical therapy which really seemed to lift her spirits. She told us she was a little rusty but it was fun to play. And I made her agree there would be no headers! Occupational therapy seems to improve each time she goes. She was able to tie her own shoes and pick up coins. Both major accomplishments! Her strength in her right hand improves more and more with every session. Speech therapy is also progressing and I can tell with every visit the difference it is making. She has told many of us that she knows that Jesus is in her heart and that God is leading her. She is the most amazingly strong little girl I have ever known. (And she will be mad at me for saying little girl I am sure) There will be lots of therapy once she comes home and she will continue to work hard and keep improving. The duration of how long she will continue therapy is unknown at this time - but all of those around her are committed to being by her side for as long as it takes. Please continue praying for our sweet Vanessa - she has said that all the love and prayers are making her strong. And please keep Tim and Nydia in your prayers as this journey has been an exhausting emotional roller coaster - but they are reassured each day by Vanessa's faith that she will be better soon.

Back
Top Bottom