• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver bullets

I can look to see regarding the smelting point of silver….if the extra lead pot I have will handle it I MIGHT be able to accommodate you.
What exactly are you wanting? As far as bullet / size & qty ?

(At this point , I am intrigued and would be willing to look into it with you.
This by no means I will do it ! )

You will need a crucible for melting silver. I assume you are wanting to cast .999 fine silver for a bullet? Or, are you casting sterling (silver with 7.5% copper alloyed)? In any case, you'll need almost twice the high temp of a standard bullet smelting pot. I just thought of something else too. You'll need to get your bullet mold hot as hell so it'll fill correctly.

You will need a crucible for melting silver. I assume you are wanting to cast .999 fine silver for a bullet? Or, are you casting sterling (silver with 7.5% copper alloyed)? In any case, you'll need almost twice the high temp of a standard bullet smelting pot.
Yeah, see….this is info I was/am unaware of . I think I am out at this point but will ask around some of my buds that MIGHT be able to help.

Yeah, see….this is info I was/am unaware of . I think I am out at this point but will ask around some of my buds that MIGHT be able to help.
It's easy enough to do, lots of folks do it with scrap. You can buy a "poor man's crucible" for $50, the MAP torch head and gas bottle are going to run about $60-$70. You'll want a surface capable of bearing that much heat to work on if needed. I'd use steel bullet molds only. Aluminum (Lee, Arsenal, etc.) molds will melt at about 1,200 degrees. Silver melts at about 1,700 degrees and steel is at about 2,200 - 2,500 degrees. Make certain you "smoke" the mold with a candle flame, get it black on the inside (with smut) before you pour otherwise the silver might not release.

Back
Top Bottom