• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver in classifieds

True.....I try not to do business with anyone that doesn't have some good feedback. ;)
Even then. Do you know where they got the PMs from. Some new guy might have screwed them over.

5745yw.png

What's wrong with that? Precious metals that are worth your firearm is as good as cash to me. Now if you were getting offers for a stippled Hi-Point I'd be upset.
i see both sides of the coin.
perhaps the OP doesn't want to deal with trying to sell metal or other stuff and would rather just get cash or another firearm. :pop2:
this exactly, if the buyer wanted the item it just seems fishy to me that I would have to find somewhere or someone to process the said coins or bars. It’s not something I keep up with, it might be a good deal one day and the next day it might not be. I don’t buy and invest in metal so if the buyer wants my item why not just process and pay cash? I have nothing against investing in that it’s just not something I follow. The person offering would know more than I.

this exactly, if the buyer wanted the item it just seems fishy to me that I would have to find somewhere or someone to process the said coins or bars. It’s not something I keep up with, it might be a good deal one day and the next day it might not be. I don’t buy and invest in metal so if the buyer wants my item why not just process and pay cash? I have nothing against investing in that it’s just not something I follow. The person offering would know more than I.
How's a trade offer fishy? No different than somebody offering up a firearm for trade. Don't know the history or anything. As long as it's a reputable member here I'll deal in cash, precious metals, guns, etc. Silver and gold are what the US currency is backed off of so it's as good as cash to me if it's legit.

How's a trade offer fishy? No different than somebody offering up a firearm for trade. Don't know the history or anything. As long as it's a reputable member here I'll deal in cash, precious metals, guns, etc. Silver and gold are what the US currency is backed off of so it's as good as cash to me if it's legit.
My biggest gripe would be it’s not as easy to tell if it’s counterfeit. I’d probably need to meet that person somewhere to tell otherwise. For me cash is king and firearms/accessories are preferred. I was just curious if some members were getting offered this more often. I’ve been selling/trading on here for years and I haven’t been getting this until recently.

My opinion with Silver is if you are going to do it, know how to check the silver to verify if it is Silver! Whether the member knew it or not. I have found counterfeit silver coin before..I did only one time and learned, Thankfully I brought it to their attention and was refunded by them..I don't announce the trader name unless they try to make a deal with another of our members..I have a scale and magnet since this happened..Due to my financial responsibility's I can't play the silver market, but I always keep up to date with prices..Trust me their are a lot of counterfeit silver out there..Let the buyer, trader beware..Educate yourself if you are going to deal with gold or silver... Just my opinion

I got a bogus silver coin here once. Since then I have procured a precious metals tester that tests for fakes and will tell the grade of silver or gold.

Not cheap, but neither is watching your FRNs shrink by 5% or so a year.

Trailrider said:
.....Silver and gold are what the US currency is backed
off of so it's as good as cash to me if it's legit.
Don't hang the messenger (me) but U.S. currency hasn't been
backed by precious metals in a looong time.
Gold stopped about 1933 and silver about 1965.
Currency instead of having 'silver certificate' logo across top changed
to 'federal reserve note'. Only thing backing our money now is the ink
and paper it's printed on. Plus gov'mints promise to print more if needed.
Hope thi$ help$.

Don't hang the messenger (me) but U.S. currency hasn't been
backed by precious metals in a looong time.
Gold stopped about 1933 and silver about 1965.
Currency instead of having 'silver certificate' logo across top changed
to 'federal reserve note'. Only thing backing our money now is the ink
and paper it's printed on. Plus gov'mints promise to print more if needed.
Hope thi$ help$.
Thanks for the lesson. So then technically the OP is better off accepting precious metals(if real) over cash anyways. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom