• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Simple & inexpensive off-grid cabin anyone can build

One of my bosses thought it would be a good idea to sell his house in Warner Robins and build another one further south in a rural area near Hawkinsville. He couldn't have picked a worse time. If y'all think guns and ammo prices are insane just go price lumber. His "Lumber Package" was almost $13K higher than expected. 100 sheets of OSB at $38.00 each for example.
There's a guy who runs a youtube channel called "Uneducated Economist". He examines and explains macro economics, but he works at a lumber yard so he also provides an inside perspective on lumber prices and what not. Interesting videos if you're into that kind of thing. He's been talking about the crazy high lumber prices and how it's not any one thing causing them but rather a multitude of things working together.

There's a guy who runs a youtube channel called "Uneducated Economist". He examines and explains macro economics, but he works at a lumber yard so he also provides an inside perspective on lumber prices and what not. Interesting videos if you're into that kind of thing. He's been talking about the crazy high lumber prices and how it's not any one thing causing them but rather a multitude of things working together.
I found him and will give him a listen, thanks.

Sounds similar to the perfect storm of ammo prices.

And you could not find a homeless person that wanted that?!!!!!

Couldn't find a local church or county that wanted it. Kennesaw police said they take their homeless to Marietta shelter and Marietta shelter said homeless had to have a job to take them. Couldn't put it in their parking lot because homeless would mess it up something terrible. One church said they would be glad to take the money if I would sell it and give them the money. What a world we live in now.

He mentioned using Amish "rough hewn" timber... what is that?

Right from the sawmill, rough saw, not planed. Built a garage/shop on back of my lot in about 1972 with lumber from sawmill that was in the city limits of Kennesaw. He sawed me 1 x 10's and 1 x 3's for real board and batten. $105/thousand board ft. Only needed about 1000 board ft for a 24 x 32 garage/shop.

Back
Top Bottom