• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Simple Reloading Setup

darrenmd

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I haven't reloaded any ammo since the late 80's. I would think things have changed a lot since then. I want to start reloading 7.62x39 rounds for my Mini30. Please give your suggestions and experiences on a simple reloading setup. I live near Bass Pro Shop.... so I can pick things up there and save on the shipping, but I don't have a problem ordering through the mail either.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments.... what is the diffence with a Russian die compared to the standard die for the 7.62x39 ammo?

If you think you might ever add pistol calibers to your reloading activities, would strongly recommend you go with the Lee Classic turret press. It's an extremely strong press, and switches back and forth between single stage and automatic indexing in a matter of seconds. Caliber changeover also only takes seconds. You can leave all of your rifle dies for each caliber set up in individual turrets, and not have to screw dies in and out. Also outpeforms the new and spent primer handling capabilities of most single stage presses.

It's simple, and yet has the ability to grow to meet most needs short of a fully progressive press. I've had presses from most of major manufacturers, including some very high end stuff. This is now the only thing on my bench, and it works beautifully for the seven or eight rifle and pistol calibers I load.

Lee Classic turret press

images_cabelas_com_is_image_cabelas_s7_216322_imageset_01_f4434f25c1bcecf1b6e17dfb4e262c66._.jpg

Ok.... Thanks again for the suggestion.... I purchased a Lee Turret Press... I had the Classic Single style press before..... nice, but I always wanted more.... so I figured I would start with a little more of a press this time.....

Does anyone know the difference between a Russian 7.62x39 die and the die I would need for the Mini30?

Darren, you don't need special dies for the Mini 30. The Lee Pacesetter 7.62x39 Russian 3 dies set, with the factory crimp die, is all you need.

Back
Top Bottom