• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SimpliSafe security

I have their system and have been very satisfied. Bought for our old house several years ago and then added to our cabin. After we moved I installed a new system in our new house. The only real drawback IMO is that it is proprietary and you can’t change the monitoring company. However, the pricing is competitive or better than the other options and hasn’t gone up over the years like I was aftraid it might. It just depends on what you need and if their options check off all the boxes. I’ve had no issues with functionality, services or response times.

I have it in Georgia and at my lakehouse in Alabama. As long as you have decent cell coverage, it works great. For the lakehouse, I had to be more careful in positioning the base unit to ensure the best communications. Very easy to setup, arm/disarm, etc., all of which can be done remotely via phone/web interface if you leave and forget to arm, or to disarm for guests without having to give them your pass code. My biggest complaint is the battery life in the keypads at the entry doors for arming/disarming. They use 4 AA batteries and I average about a year of life before replacement. However, for all of the actual sensors (CR123 for entry, motion, glassbreak, and smoke; CR2032 for the panic button; and CR2450 for water/freeze), I have yet to change a battery after over 3 years of use.

It's not sleek or super modern and you cannot hide the sensors, but I love it. I've had it since 2014 with no issues really. Batteries need changing about once per year on the keypad and once every two years on the alarm unit. I can set senors to monitor and alert without alarms, etc. I know the interior sensors work great because my girlfriend's sister's dog set off the alarm in the reloading room when they stepped out and armed the system. My little 9 pd dog never sets it off unless she climbs up into a chair to see what's on my bench, LOL!

I have their system and have been very satisfied. Bought for our old house several years ago and then added to our cabin. After we moved I installed a new system in our new house. The only real drawback IMO is that it is proprietary and you can’t change the monitoring company. However, the pricing is competitive or better than the other options and hasn’t gone up over the years like I was aftraid it might. It just depends on what you need and if their options check off all the boxes. I’ve had no issues with functionality, services or response times.
If you don’t mind me asking what was the response time for? Break in or just accident. I have been trying to see what the average response is. Also I’m trying to find out if I need a permit for the system for LEO to even respond.

I live 2 miles from District 1 in Macon and my response time (when Margaret set off the alarm by accident) was less than 5 minutes until the po po showed up.

Mine has gone off a couple of times due to "operator error" and have always received a confirmation call within seconds of setting it off. The call is something like "This is simplisafe... do you need emergency assistance?" They then ask for your "safe word" to validate your identity and to terminate the response event. Very prompt response and, again, within seconds of an alarm.

Back
Top Bottom