• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SimpliSafe security

If you don’t mind me asking what was the response time for? Break in or just accident. I have been trying to see what the average response is. Also I’m trying to find out if I need a permit for the system for LEO to even respond.
A couple times I couldn’t get it shut down from the driveway with my phone due to lack of signal and I have the sensors set to “instant”. Meaning can’t go in the door and use the keypad in time. As soon as the door opens the alert gets sent... Another time the smoke detector went off. That one scared me when I got the call as I was over an hour away. Luckily I had cameras I could check remotely and could see no problem. I have had problems in the past with ants getting in my detectors and that turned out to be the case this time too. They waited on the line while I checked, and then I told them all looked right and they cancelled the fire dept dispatch.
Another time my welding caused too much smoke and set it off. They were calling before I could get upstairs.
I prefer the newest second gen equipment we have at our new house. It has built-in wi-if so it not dependent on just cellular or a landline. Sensors are a little smaller and better looking and the keychain fob is far better. The old gen 1 keyfobs are a POS and far too fragile. Older gear still works great at our cabin though.
They will call multiple phone numbers in order as you provide them, and you also get instant text alerts and email alerts to several people you want to notify.
I pay the extra ten bucks a month for the additional online access controls. Worth it for me.

I looked at it and Ring, went for the Ring.

$239 at Costco got me 6 door sensors, one motion, keypad, extender, and the base station.

Ordered 2 extra motions, and have a camera on the way.

Back
Top Bottom