• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Since bourbon is getting stupid….

I visited and toured Heaven Hill yesterday morning. HH was one visit and tour among many. I just want to let you all know despite their good products, they are now totally woke--big time. They had not only gunbuster signs all over but also knife buster signs as well. They also had a 6' tall 'love is love' rainbow banner on their main entryway window. They felt they should blast you with a load of their political views before you entered. All other distilleries I visited had nothing of the sort and remained politically agnostic, which would include: Willett, Maker's Mark, Old Forester, Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, Four Roses, Bardstown Bourbon Co, and Lux Row.

Used to be able to pick that up for 20$ pre-pandemic in KY (ok, so that was when it was a 6 year bourbon, but it aint much different one year on), stores around here want 60-80 for it now which puts it in the price range where there's a lot of better stuff, or even just stuff i haven't tried yet. It's not really good enough for a buy again at that price IMO, kind of in a weird range where its a good smooth mellow daily sipper with an ice cube in it, but it disappears in cocktails, and it doesnt have enough character to drink neat.

Another victim to the hype train and an example of what happens when a company pays some money to generate articles and positive reviews, like it ain't bad but it definitely wasn't the 4th best whiskey let alone bourbon of 2019 as whisky advocate was paid to claim (just coincidentally when they completely rebranded and repiced, huh, weird).

Supply is catching up with demand. We just bought some land in N GA, and the package store in the little town there had, no kidding, 20 cases of Eagle Rare on display and lot's of Buffalo Trace and Weller. All a little over priced, but I still stocked up while I was there. Seeing more BT products around here too, but not like up there:

1657961887621.png

Supply is catching up with demand. We just bought some land in N GA, and the package store in the little town there had, no kidding, 20 cases of Eagle Rare on display and lot's of Buffalo Trace and Weller. All a little over priced, but I still stocked up while I was there. Seeing more BT products around here too, but not like up there:

View attachment 4502712
Ellijay?

kodis556, nice score. I’m right down the road from you in Rome. I’m not sure where the liquor store is in Summerville. I haven’t been up that way since last year. I’ll have to make a trip up. I’ve found weller special reserve once this year in Rome.

I'm a scotch man, myself. I only drink stuff from Islay, peaty is my thing. When it comes to bourbon or Tennessee whiskey, I'll drink just about anything. My go to is JD.

Back
Top Bottom