• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Single can to do it all?

patracy

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
Anyone know of a can I could use on not only my .223 AR's. But one that could also be used on a 5.45x39 upper, and one I could use on my walther P22? Or would I be better off just buying a .223 can and a .22 can? And if so, why?

I had found on the web that some store was doing a sale on C3 defense cans (Buy one .223 can, get a .22 can free), but I doubt that's still happening nor do I have any other details than a picture someone took.

I would recommend two cans. The .22 can is going to be much lighter and shorter.

Imagine 18oz of SS hanging off the end of your P22!!

I would also suggest a 7.62 can instead of the .223, you will want to add a 7.62, or 300AAC to your collection of hosts.

JMHO,
Rich

Liberty Constitution(user serviceable .223) or Liberty Mystic (User serviceable 9mm that can shoot .223, 5.45, 7.62x39)
Liberty Constitution
the Constitution is elegant simplicity in design, intuitive to maintain, full auto rated, take
apart, monolithic core, and made entirely of alloy steel. This suppressor was designed
for the person wanting to have a suppressor that could be used on their FN PS90SBR
that could also work on his or her 223 caliber AR15 and then switched over to their 22LR
AR upper without having to buy 2 suppressors due to the lead buildup issues of the
22LR. We have had a large number of requests for suppressors with these features. This
suppressor is intended for use on carbines and not handguns, although it will work fine
on a handgun, there are 22LR suppressors intended for handgun use that are much
lighter.... (Kodiak and Kodiak TL).
Liberty Mystic
The Mystic is rated for the
following calibers.

22 Hornet
22 K Hornet
218 Bee
223 REM - 16" BBL
30 PPC - Subsonic
30 Carbine
32-20
357 MAG
221 Fireball
32 S&W Long
32 H&R Magnum
9X18
9X19 (Base Caliber)
38 Super
38 Special
38 S&W
357 Max - Subsonic
338 Spectre
300 BLK
300 Whisper
300/221
308 Win- Subsonic
all rimfire cartridges
5.45x39MM Russian
We now rate it for the 300 BLK in
both supersonic and subsonic on
an 8" barrel

Last edited:
Liberty Constitution(user serviceable .223) or Liberty Mystic (User serviceable 9mm that can shoot .223, 5.45, 7.62x39)
Liberty Constitution

Liberty Mystic

"That person wanting a can for their PS90 and AR" was wwboater and myself. The Constitution is a great can; heavy, but that is because you can beat the snot out of it and it keeps going. I've put beta mag after beta mag in FA thru it and it keeps truckin! I will say that after having one for years, I have found it is wise to take it apart after each use (before storage), lube the core threads well with some antiseize plug grease. If you do not do this regular "maintenance", you'll have to use a spanner wrench, lots of heat and Kroil; or send it David to take apart. The Mystic is great also - but only limited use in 223.

I love my Mystic but I haven't even tried it with any of my .223 rifles. I wanted to be able to shoot on my property without alarming the neighbors and even with a can .223 (supersonic) is going to be too loud. Subsonic .22LR and 9mm on the other hand are super quiet. I can clap louder.

Savage Mark II

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom