• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Single stage press

I use a Lee Turret press for most of my stuff.
What I like about them is you set your dies up in the turrets and when you want to swap calibers/dies you just lift the whole turret out and insert another set up. You don’t have to set dies every time. You can also make it operate manually instead of turning automatically. You just remove the rod that turns the turret. Easy and quick.

I have a couple of lee single stage presses (breech lock) that I load all rifle that is not 223. They work great and are cost effective. I used to have a rock chucker and it was a smooth operating beast of a single stage.

Single stages are cheap. Just get a new one with a feature set you like. The RCBS rock chucker is the best bang for your buck. The forster coax if you wann be fancy and something like the prazi if you need every micron of tolerance

I use a Lee Turret press for most of my stuff.
What I like about them is you set your dies up in the turrets and when you want to swap calibers/dies you just lift the whole turret out and insert another set up. You don’t have to set dies every time. You can also make it operate manually instead of turning automatically. You just remove the rod that turns the turret. Easy and quick.
Dillon 550B tool head is removable also, 2 pins and voila. The slowest part is swapping out the primer tube and ram.

Rosewood

I use a Lee single stage specifically for resizing non-straight walled brass separate from my loading process. I load all of my rifle rounds on the Dillon 550B. I have multiple tool heads and just swap them out for the specific caliber.

I can't imagine having to swap out the die for each stage of loading on a single stage even using the breech lock. I am too impatient for that.

Rosewood

I’m sure but I load a ton of 5.56 and I’m tired of swapping dies.
You do realize that on a single stage, you have to size all your brass, then swap die, prime all of your brass, bell and charge all of your brass then swap die, seat your bullet then swap die again. Lot more die swapping if you use a single stage over a Progressive where one tool head holds all dies.

Now if you have a single stage for each phase of the process, then it gets expensive

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom