• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Single stage press

I do my rifle stuff on the single stage in batches of 20 or so rounds of each process so the swapping dies is no big deal.
I use the single stage to prep my brass for 223 but it's loaded on the dillon. Brass prep for 223 range brass is a a multi step process for me. I use a universal decapping die to knock out the primers and then I wet tumble the cases for a couple hours. After they are dry, lube, resize, swage the primer pockets and trim to length. Then back into the wet tumble and set out to dry. The process obviously takes a few days of spare time. The cases are then loaded on the dillon, but no case sizing is actually done on there so no lube is required.
For the way I do my reloading, the single stage press is a very important piece.

Yep, I guess I was lucky and got two of my fathers old single stage RCBS presses and another single stage older Lee press too.
The better, older ones are getting harder to find …. Good luck on your search (I will try to keep an eye out for an extra) .

I have a couple of lee single stage presses (breech lock) that I load all rifle that is not 223. They work great and are cost effective. I used to have a rock chucker and it was a smooth operating beast of a single stage.
I offered him a deal on a Lee Breech Lock used one time with free shipping. He's not serious waste of time

Back
Top Bottom