• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sionics BCG with NP3 coating

I’m not an expert on PSA’s BCG’s, so I can’t comment on their overal quality. However, folks that I trust very much don’t have a lot of good to say about them.

I do prefer Robar NP3 to NiB or hard chrome. NP3 is layers of nickel and PTFE (Teflon). As the part wears, it exposes fresh Teflon. I’ve owned numerous firearms and parts over the years with NP3 coating, I’m a big fan.
it is not labeled a psa. They sell it but it has no logo or brand.

You answered what I was asking. I am not familar with np3 and really didnt know where to start asking. But thanks, That was exactly what i needed to know.

I have a few NiB BCG's and they are better than those that are uncoated. I have never used one with NP3. The most impressive one I have found so far in personal use is the VDI Lifecoat treatment that Adams Arms puts on their BCGs. I did some research and they are a bit controversial as it appears they do not explain the process/formula so people are skeptical. I have no idea, but the results of that coating are incredible. I have no experience with the durability of it though.
Speaking of NP3...I am wondering if that process would hold up well for a muzzle brake? Would be nice to have a wipe off solution before you ratchet down your suppressor.

I have a few NiB BCG's and they are better than those that are uncoated. I have never used one with NP3. The most impressive one I have found so far in personal use is the VDI Lifecoat treatment that Adams Arms puts on their BCGs. I did some research and they are a bit controversial as it appears they do not explain the process/formula so people are skeptical. I have no idea, but the results of that coating are incredible. I have no experience with the durability of it though.
Speaking of NP3...I am wondering if that process would hold up well for a muzzle brake? Would be nice to have a wipe off solution before you ratchet down your suppressor.

I had a VooDoo Concepts BCG with the LifeCoat system on it. Worked very well.

Do you think the NP3 performs better?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I haven’t had the NP3 BCG as long, but so far clean up is easier. I cleaned sooner than I normally would, just because I wanted to see how easy it was. I was surprised at how easy it was, but want to see what it’s like after a much higher round count.

Back
Top Bottom