• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sip and Swine BBQ contest

We did not have our best competition. 21st overall. 15th in ribs. You can drive yourself nuts trying to figure out why something that was infinitely better than the last effort places lower.

#39 out of 91 teams for people's choice pork. This includes the 62 pro teams.
It was uuuuge!

SipSwine2019Aerial1-1024x419.jpg

I learned something about People's Choice. I should have made a couple of extra shoulders. The teams that scored the highest had lots of extra pork for tasting. Evidently, if you only turned two shoulders in, they ran out very quickly and once it was gone, you didn't get any more votes. Duh.

Trader Jordon Trader Jordon I am very interested in that. Cartersville is close to me. I will check my calendar.

I learned something about People's Choice. I should have made a couple of extra shoulders. The teams that scored the highest had lots of extra pork for tasting. Evidently, if you only turned two shoulders in, they ran out very quickly and once it was gone, you didn't get any more votes. Duh.

Trader Jordon Trader Jordon I am very interested in that. Cartersville is close to me. I will check my calendar.

Chainshaw Chainshaw

You’ll absolutely love the PC at the Pros vs. Joes.

Everyone comes to your table.
Easier to connect a taste to the team.

That PC at the Sip and Swine was bogus......

I was one of the volunteers for people's choice this year. I can confirm that there was an exact number of pre-prepared/numbered taster cups in the double blind judging format. I will say that if folks did not have enough BBQ to fill all of their cups, that could have adversely affected their reach in terms of cups tasted. However, teams were unable to provide any additional tasting cups as that number is finite.

Additionally, no team could possibly know which number they were assigned due to the double blind judging. Not even the volunteers know which team is which number. I think there were only 2-3 people at the entire event that knew of the teams because they assigned the numbers.

I'm sorry to hear y'all had a negative experience. As one of the volunteers for next year, I would love your input on how we can revise it to improve PC. It is a charity event for a wonderful cause and out of the hundreds of tasters, I think we only had one patron that came up to complain. Looking forward to future BBQ events!

Back
Top Bottom