Site Suggestions Forum

benmmc

Space Force Icon Lifetime Supporter
Certified Hengineer
Staff member
CTO ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
103   0
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I just created the new Site Suggestions forum, which allows upvotes as well as discussion (both for and against the suggestion).

If you'd like to suggest something new (new sections, features, etc), please post a new thread there. If you see something there you agree with, upvote it, and we'll know what the most popular suggestions are so we can implement them accordingly!

You may have 20 upvotes and think you have a good idea but that suggestion may have 100 down votes. Then you have just wasted bandwith and your time making that forum. You shouldnt make a decision without hearing both sides.

You may have 20 upvotes and think you have a good idea but that suggestion may have 100 down votes. Then you have just wasted bandwith and your time making that forum. You shouldnt make a decision without hearing both sides.
My thought was that if you think it's actually a bad idea, you would reply and say why. Downvotes are easy to abuse, and those who are opposed to any and all change tend to instinctively downvote nearly everything.

Replying to a suggestion and saying why you think it isn't needed, or why it's actually a bad idea is waaay more useful to everyone than a simple downvote.

Hey y'all! I just created the new Site Suggestions forum, which allows upvotes as well as discussion.

If you'd like to suggest something new (new sections, features, etc), please post a new thread there. If you see something there you agree with, upvote it, and we'll know what the most popular suggestions are so we can implement them accordingly!
Link doesn't work. Says I don't have authorization to access this feature.

My thought was that if you think it's actually a bad idea, you would reply and say why. Downvotes are easy to abuse, and those who are opposed to any and all change tend to instinctively downvote nearly everything.

Replying to a suggestion and saying why you think it isn't needed, or an actual bad idea is waaay more useful to everyone than a simple downvote.
You didnt state that in the 1st post that you wanted negative feedback left as reply. Only upvotes were mentioned.

You didnt state that in the 1st post that you wanted negative feedback left as reply. Only upvotes were mentioned.
Gotcha, I will add that. Yeah I definitely was everyone to sound off if they have an opinion. If you agree, upvoting is sufficient, but if you disagree, or maybe the suggestion could be improved in some way, I'd like to hear that too.

The upvotes are just an easy way of seeing what's popular. We wouldn't implement it without reading all the feedback on it (positive and negative alike).

Why does it go back to the top / beginning of the list when you look at a posting ? Just annoying !!! Can’t it go back to where you were previous ? IE. What’s New . Started at newest. Got down about 30 posts , looked at one , went back , started at the top again !

Back
Top Bottom