• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sitivien ST128: D2 steel/G10 handle folding knife - $16.62

Just got one of these. The quality is outstanding. Smooth deployment, tight lockup, perfectly centered blade, and sharp as all get out. The materials and workmanship are first rate.

1652644465803.png

I hate it, but China is coming up in quality. They got there from making quality products for American companies.

Teach a man to fish and all

View attachment 4292242

I hate it, but China is coming up in quality. They got there from making quality products for American companies.

Teach a man to fish and all

I wonder if he built my knife?

About fifteen years ago, was assembling a service cart I bought from Harbor Freight. The wife popped into the room and asked how it was going. I said, "We're doomed." She asked why. I explained that Chinese stuff was getting better every year, yet priced way below the equivalent American made item. No reason to believe it would stop.

And it hasn't. Over the course of three decades, their stuff went from absolute **** (metal too thin, brittle plastic, stripped screws, misaligned holes, pigeon English manuals, etc.), to very decent. Now, competitive with most products in the same categories.

I wonder if he built my knife?

About fifteen years ago, was assembling a service cart I bought from Harbor Freight. The wife popped into the room and asked how it was going. I said, "We're doomed." She asked why. I explained that Chinese stuff was getting better every year, yet priced way below the equivalent American made item. No reason to believe it would stop.

And it hasn't. Over the course of three decades, their stuff went from absolute **** (metal too thin, brittle plastic, stripped screws, misaligned holes, pigeon English manuals, etc.), to very decent. Now, competitive with most products in the same categories.
I have a pretty decent US General Toolbox. Big one. Spent about 1500 on it. Equivalent box from any American company, probably 10-15k

Back
Top Bottom