• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sitting in class

If we go out to eat I always make sure Libertysteeth has the best view of the restaurant and the easiest exit from our booth or table. He handles keeping an eye on the surroundings and I handle keeping an eye on all our kids lol! Best to be aware and prepared then not be!

So I was sitting in class today. We have one way in one way out. It’s also in a basement. We do have about 10 windows but that’s it. Am I the only one who examine a room just in case SHTF? I’m not too comfortable in this class lol

Must be an exciting class if you are surfing ODT, LOL!!! What you taking?

Meh. Some of y'all worry too much about statistical anomalies.
If you add all the statistically anomalously ways to die together it becomes painfully clear something is going to kill you sometime.
Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean people aren’t out to get you.

^^ This ^^
It took awhile, but now when we go out to eat my wife checks our table/booth before she is seated to make sure I've got the seat with the better view of "what's happening".
We do the same thing. I also make sure that I'm seated so that if I have to draw my weapon discretely, while still seated, my strong side is hidden from view if possible.

My dad told me back in early 60s to always be aware of my surroundings and sit with back to wall facing the door ! It’s served me well over paste 60 years !

Something else, setting at red lights or stop signs I always leave enough room to GTFO. I have no intention of being trapped without an exit strategy inside or out.

Yep, learned that trick in defensive driving class I took a few years back. Always leave enough room between front of your car and rear of one in front of you to be able to turn the wheel and get around that vehicle in case you are confronted.

Back
Top Bottom