• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Situational Awareness, Gun Laws Training

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
Dan 4010 and I (both longtime members here) are doing a free public seminar on two topics at Bass Pro Shops *** EDITED FOR NEW DATE/ TIME *** in Lawrenceville.

Thursday, 3/2/ 2017. 6:00 pm to about 8:45 p.m.

The two topics we'll cover are:

Georgia Weapons Laws, presented by an attorney and former felony prosecutor. When you need a GWL carry permit and when you don't. What places are, or are not, off-limits by law even with such a license. The evolution of gun laws in Georgia over the last several years, with emphasis on House Bill 89, Senate Bill 308, and H.B. 60. We talk about school zones, churches, what "no guns" signs at private businesses mean, etc. Also covers self defense laws-- the "stand your ground" law, the "castle doctrine" and the concept of immunity from civil suit later.

Another topic: Situational Awareness and tactical thinking, presented by an experienced firearms instructor and head of the Urban Survival Center, and co-author on the Ga Weapons Law book. Topics include tactical thinking and planning, the color codes of awareness, why action is faster than reaction, the OODA decision-making loop, etc. Many tips and suggestions about how to avoid being vulnerable out on the street, and how to spot trouble when criminals are around and potentially thinking about going after you or the place you're at.

These lectures are free. No registration required. Just show up. BASS PRO SHOPS,
5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Off I-85 just a few miles south of the I-985 split, at Sugarloaf Parkway and also near State Route 120.

Seminars are in the room just behind the laser-rife arcade game, which is near the kayaks, canoes, and the indoor rock climbing wall.

Attachments

• IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
I'm not sure if there will be one in December.
So many Christmas events for people to go to, people's calendars tend to be full.
I'll post here if we do one next month.

Yup, understand that. Well, post up when you do one next year.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Doing it again next week Thursday. 6 p.m. to 8 or 8:30.
I'm not sure which lecture will be the first, but one hour will be on situational awareness, and the other hour on gun laws and self-defense laws.
Thur. 12/15/2016.

Our first class of the year is going to be March 2. That's a Thursday, and it will be held in the evening at 6 PM until about 8:30 PM.

I hope to see a bunch of you there, and any friends, neighbors, coworkers or relatives you'd like to bring.

Back
Top Bottom