• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sizing 7mm down to 6.5 question

madcow

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
97   0
Reaction score
Question for those Bullet casters and Swager's.

I have a bunch of jacketed 110gr to 130gr 7mm bullets that I bought for the 6.8SPC and was wondering if its feasible to run them through 6.5mm bullet sizing die so I can load them for the Grendel?

Huh?

7mm isn't for a 6.8SPC. 7mm is .284, 6.8 SPC is .277 (.270 caliber). You are wanting to swage from .284 to .264, that is .020" reduction, not sure how much force that is going to take.

You would probably do better trading them to someone that has some .264 they don't need.

Rosewood

Huh?

7mm isn't for a 6.8SPC. 7mm is .284, 6.8 SPC is .277 (.270 caliber). You are wanting to swage from .284 to .264, that is .020" reduction, not sure how much force that is going to take.

You would probably do better trading them to someone that has some .264 they don't need.

Rosewood
I meant .270, not 7mm, so it would be a .013 reduction. Like I said, those casters do it all the time, just don't know if it will work with jacketed bullets.

Don’t do it. That’s just asking for trouble. Serious reloaders buy, sell, trade bullets all the time. Post them on here, accurate shooter, long range hunting, and reloader forums. Should be a quick swap.

I don’t mean to be a jerk when I say this, but it shouldn’t really be up for discussion with this question. If they are cast I would recommend melting them down and recasting to the proper size.

Don’t do it. That’s just asking for trouble. Serious reloaders buy, sell, trade bullets all the time. Post them on here, accurate shooter, long range hunting, and reloader forums. Should be a quick swap.
Don't be bringing any serious into this here thread!

I will probably just post them up for sale, trying to sort through 15 years worth of accumulated stuff and finding half full boxes of various bullets.

Back
Top Bottom