• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sketchy ODT Meets?

I did a deal once with a guy who didn't want me to leave feedback for him and he wasn't going to leave feedback for me. He was worried about being able to be "traced." I realized about 5 minutes into the meet that his wife wasn't just walking the dog...she was securing the perimeter. Great guy and a good meet though. Just odd.
Them CIA guys is paranoid.

And ereryone knows feedback can be traced, but ads and PM trails can't.

I’ve had a couple of get your attention meets. Met one guy at night at well lit Kroger gas isle off exit 17 on 400. He wanted to go behind the store to do the trade as he could not get comfortable with other people around. I declined and told him one or both of us would not survive that event. No question he was there to rob me. The other event is confidential and was not as easy to get out of harms way, but I managed. Both times these guys were new to the site so I don’t trade with anyone without some feedback. Of course I’ve done a few trades and 99% of them have been fine. I also traded ammo and mags for months with a well known guy on the ODT with tons of feedback. He impersonated a police detective complete with badge. Turns out he was on drugs and stealing for a living. My nieces husband was one of the officers that arrested him after an armed robbery. He was really a nice guy and felt bad that damn drugs led him down that path. I hope he is clean now and gets his life together.

I’ve had a couple of get your attention meets. Met one guy at night at well lit Kroger gas isle off exit 17 on 400. He wanted to go behind the store to do the trade as he could not get comfortable with other people around. I declined and told him one or both of us would not survive that event. No question he was there to rob me. The other event is confidential and was not as easy to get out of harms way, but I managed. Both times these guys were new to the site so I don’t trade with anyone without some feedback. Of course I’ve done a few trades and 99% of them have been fine. I also traded ammo and mags for months with a well known guy on the ODT with tons of feedback. He impersonated a police detective complete with badge. Turns out he was on drugs and stealing for a living. My nieces husband was one of the officers that arrested him after an armed robbery. He was really a nice guy and felt bad that damn drugs led him down that path. I hope he is clean now and gets his life together.
Holy crap!

Wow. That’s messed up.

So far everyone I’ve met has been really cool and nice to deal with. Thank God I haven’t had that happen.

I’ve had a couple of get your attention meets. I also traded ammo and mags for months with a well known guy on the ODT with tons of feedback. He impersonated a police detective complete with badge. Turns out he was on drugs and stealing for a living. My nieces husband was one of the officers that arrested him after an armed robbery. He was really a nice guy and felt bad that damn drugs led him down that path. I hope he is clean now and gets his life together.

:doh:

Back
Top Bottom