• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SKS-M

There are 3 common varieties that accept the AK mags, the Sporter, M and D. Unless the Sporter's unusual thumbhole stock was swapped with a very hard to find D or M's stock, the Sporters generally fetch less (than the D or M), like between $500-600.

I find my Sporter is uncomfortable to get a good cheek-weld for firing with its open sights whereas the D & M shoulder like the box-mag SKS's. I can't hardly believe the price these are going for nowadays :(

Agree those thumbhole stocks are not conducive to using the irons. I had a d back in the 90’s, believe the d’s were preban mine had a folding bayo and Monte Carlo stock, loved that gun. But my fond memories allowed me to buy a m recently with that thumbhole stock, I put a few rounds down range with the red dot that came on it and then with a standard dust cover with no optic and it was damn hard to use the irons. The thumbhole was pretty good with the scope though. Sold it for 550

Agree those thumbhole stocks are not conducive to using the irons. I had a d back in the 90’s, believe the d’s were preban mine had a folding bayo and Monte Carlo stock, loved that gun. But my fond memories allowed me to buy a m recently with that thumbhole stock, I put a few rounds down range with the red dot that came on it and then with a standard dust cover with no optic and it was damn hard to use the irons. The thumbhole was pretty good with the scope though. Sold it for 550

The D and M sks rifles are preban. The reason their are so few in the states is because Norinco had just began importing them when the ban on Chinese guns and ammo went into effect. That ammo I have is preban and very hard to find. I have not only the only unopened cans I have seen but unopened and still in the crate from China. Not saying there isn't any unopened cans out there just its the only ones I heave seen personally that includes gun shows and internet sights. I remember that ammo going for $1.00 a round back during the first gun ban in 1994.

I have a M model that I got new in box in a trade about 6 years ago for a revolver. Having the original box, sling, 10 round magazine, cleaning rod and oil bottle is something I never see. Mine has the very nice Monte Carlo stock as well. I believe I put something like 15 rounds through it, cleaned it and put it in the safe where it resides today. Maybe I need to look into selling it with prices like you guys say they are bringing.

I might even be persuaded to let go of the crate with two unopened spam cans of Norinco armor piercing ammo. These would go great together.

Where do I bring the tree fiddy? :becky:

I didn't realize mine had a bayonet lug till I read your post. Now I need to get a authenticate bayonet for it.

I meant with the functional one...its the same as the regular sks most of them had the holes ground off but the lug is still there....its the ones that still have the holes that are the best

I have a M model that I got new in box in a trade about 6 years ago for a revolver. Having the original box, sling, 10 round magazine, cleaning rod and oil bottle is something I never see. Mine has the very nice Monte Carlo stock as well. I believe I put something like 15 rounds through it, cleaned it and put it in the safe where it resides today. Maybe I need to look into selling it with prices like you guys say they are bringing.

I might even be persuaded to let go of the crate with two unopened spam cans of Norinco armor piercing ammo. These would go great together.

How much?? :fish2:

I meant with the functional one...its the same as the regular sks most of them had the holes ground off but the lug is still there....its the ones that still have the holes that are the best

I see. Mine has been ground off. Easy fix by replacing the ground down lug with a new lug. They are held onto the barrel with just two pins. Wish I had known this before I cut down a barrel for a bullpup project. I tossed the lug/front sight post.

I see. Mine has been ground off. Easy fix by replacing the ground down lug with a new lug. They are held onto the barrel with just two pins. Wish I had known this before I cut down a barrel for a bullpup project. I tossed the lug/front sight post.

I have a Russian barrel and front trunnion (?) with the front and rear sights and bayonet lug I'll sell you for $75.

Back
Top Bottom