• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sks prices

IF anyone is serious my neighbor a college kid has a nice Norinco sks for sale ( needs college book $ ) he is asking $525 if you have any interest PM me

I look at a BCM AR next to a milled Bulgarian AK or a Vepr or a 1954 Russian SKS, and workmanship is the same.
SKS shows age and use, but bluing on the receiver is nice and deep.

Cannot compare a WASR or a Chinese stamped SKS to a BCM. WASR=Anderson or PSA Freedom

I appreciate your knowledge which is greater than my own, but I do have many years of experience with the Wasr 10/63 in all weathers and conditions, and also high round counts, and would like to add my own take on this particular gun.

I fired over 10k rounds through a Wasr 10/63 that I owned for years, then sold it to my cousin 8 years ago. He has fired probably 5k rounds through it since. It still begs for more. It is an animal.

Same with my current Wasr 10/63's. Outstanding rifles that are as reliable as any gun I've ever owned, and I've owned some pretty nice ones. No matter the weather, round count, cleanliness, etc, the Wasr keeps running.

The Wasr is not what I would call a precision rifle, but hitting a man size target at 300 meters is not difficult. Although it is my opinion that an AK was never designed to be a long range rifle in the first place. Nonetheless, these are military grade rifles built in a factory that has been building AK's for many decades, and they are built like an AK was originally designed. To be reliable and accurate enough to get the job done for their intended ranges. They do that quite well.

I don't know much about the proven track records of a PSA or Anderson, and I do know that BCM makes a nice rifle and enjoys a well deserved reputation, but when it comes to reliability, the most important criteria of all, IMO, I will put my Wasr 10/63's up against any of these guns, or against my SOLGW M4, or my Colt.

The Wasr works. Period. There is no rifle I have ever owned that I trust more when it comes to reliability. I think I paid $400 for it a few years ago. Money well spent. Incredible value.

I have no bias or loyalty to any gun or maker. I get no pleasure or displeasure from saying how much I appreciate my Wasr's. I like guns that work, and to that end, in my somewhat long history with this particular brand and model, the Wasr 10/63 is a hell of a gun.

Lastly, when it comes to an AK, I'll take a properly made stamped receiver over a milled receiver, anyday.

Yall keep those PSA's and Andersons. I'll stick with the Wasr. Thanks.

I am not saying that WASR is not a reliable gun (I have a WASR). PSA will ignite the powder just as well as Geissele.
I was referring to workmanship.

Geissele will be more accurate, will be built with higher tolerances than PSA or even Colt. It will look better aesthetically.
Same in the AK market. Vepr will be more accurate and put together better than WASR (Galil ACE is even better than Vepr in all areas, same as Geissele is better than Colt or BCM), but it will cost more than WASR too. Does the increase in price justify it? Up to any one of us to decide.

Back
Top Bottom