• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SKS question thread number 2!

View attachment 1244755 View attachment 1244756
Totally different, I couldn't remember until I dug it out. Bought it cause it's factory Norinco but I will probably never use it.

Thanks for the pic. Most of my googling found similar stuff. I love the way it's marked...no doubt who the manufacturer is!

The pics I found that were similar to mine didn't give any usable information when I opened the threads...

It's a Mosin-Nagant type rail, not as common as the cowboy companion style (rail) but a real Chinese offering none the less :thumb:

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna try to Google it that way and see what I find. It's gonna cost me money if I'm successful though lol. I'd like to get the rest of the mount and a scope to match!

Over the years I've had quite a few varieties of Chinese SKS's in my quest to find "the perfect one" that'll load and fire itself :lol: Yours looks very clean and the rail sure looks factory (or import) installed to me.

Here's a mount and base (you already have the base) to give you an idea what to look for, although GunBroker prices seem high. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/664372731 and http://www.gunbroker.com/item/667906683

That post is the confirmation I was looking for!

So as long as I order a Mosin mount like that, it should fit my base? I saw some of those earlier but I wasn't sure if the dimensions were different...

If you could snag one for $25 bucks or so then I'd say go for it, otherwise I'd google for some answers over on the SKS Survivors Forum, now that you know yours is a Mosin type base mount :thumb:

Thanks! I'd drop $25 for sure...i just have a feeling it's gonna cost me more than that when I find one lol

Neat-O !! Does that article showing the "Chinese" Mosin mount & scope mention whether the scope interferes with loading the SKS with clips ?

Unfortunately that's the bad news. It does state that stripper clips can't be used. So that sucks. But at least I know it's all original (from the importer), mismatched numbers and all. I dig it though. It's super clean and the fit/finish is very good.

Back
Top Bottom