• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Skunk

I’ve killed about 20 or so- no joke. Shot em shotguns close range, 22’s, deer rifles 223 to 338 Win Mag & every darn on of em sprayed. Shot one in the field going out my driveway about 11p one night with a 300 RUM- deputy happened to be driving by, turned on blue lights & even pointed his pistol at me. I told him it was a skunk & I wasn’t shooting at a deer (season was open). He wanted to see it - I was happy to show him but I suggested that he close his car door due to the wind- he didn’t. Saw the sheriff a few days later and he came up to me laughing- said no one could ride in the car due to the smell & wasn’t surprised that I was involved.
That's what he gets....mind his own business and he wont smell like a skunk...lol

They are all over 211 up here in winder.
upload_2019-1-11_6-20-48.png

Caught one in a leg hold trap. Was sure that was going to turn into a nightmare. Shot it in the neck with a .357 carbine, it didn't spray. I don't know how you can live in GA and not see skunks, at least dead in the road.

I don't know how people can have drivers licenses yet still don't know how to pump gas... But somehow it happens. I do know that occasionally I will get the scent of one somewhere driving along a road. Just saw the .357 carbine and round to the neck. How close did you get to the skunk before you sprayed it down with a taste of hot brass?

I don't know how people can have drivers licenses yet still don't know how to pump gas... But somehow it happens. I do know that occasionally I will get the scent of one somewhere driving along a road. Just saw the .357 carbine and round to the neck. How close did you get to the skunk before you sprayed it down with a taste of hot brass?
About 20 yards. It was preoccupied trying to get out of the trap and I don't think it even noticed me.

Back
Top Bottom