• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Skunk

I am curious if you’ve ever seen a Skunk in Georgia.
I was reading on the plane (on the way home) @ coon bait, Marshmallows were mentioned then it said that skunks may be attracted yada yada yada.
I have never ever seen a skunk in GA . I was born and raised here and hunted from the time I was five.
Just curious. Also spotted or striped.
Not trying to find one just odd that I never saw or caught one.

Don't catch one by the tail, you're welcome! :)
I have seen my share, they wobble when they walk.
Some of those "road kills" you think you smelled were actually big foots...
I wish you would catch me a big foots... you know... for science...:)

If you get too close to a skunk just grab it by skin of the throat with both hands, right under the chin, and lift it up off the ground. A skunk won’t spray you while you are holding it up off the ground by the skin of the throat.

Show me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I grew up here in GA and don't remember seeing them that often but when I moved to PA they were everywhere.
One of our neighbors in PA raised Jack Russel Terriers, the smooth ones, noisy twitchy little dogs, and they jumped a four foot chain link fence to go after a skunk.
It tried to take shelter under their fairly new pick up truck but the dogs got it and tore it to shreds. The entire neighborhood stank and they eventually sold the truck because they couldn't get all of the smell out.
I was always careful when I let our dog outside after that.

Back in my younger years and before I became a Christian I was going home from town in S Fla to the ranch. We had a 3 mile driveway and I saw a skunk in the headlights ahead in the pasture. I was drunk and told my friend to stop the truck and I ran that skunk down and caught him!! I instantly regretted my stupid decision and let him go. Had to ride in the back of the truck home. I wore that smell for days and I think someone finally told me about pouring tomato juice on your skin to get the smell off. It works.

I have done a few stupid things while under the influence in the past but no more. Now I just do stupid things.

Lived in the same general area my entire life and have never seen or heard of one here. That being said, I have some friends that life about 60 miles west, and they have seen some there on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom