• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Skyjacker Defense!!!!! Awesome Guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that Facebook post just hurts their brand further in my opinion, not everybody is going to know the back story of them poking fun at themselves...go away stupid company

Not to mention the December posts of cerakoted "billet" uppers and lowers where the uppers are all forged. ;)

go away stupid thread go away

Come on, you didn't think we'd forget about it that easily did you? :)

Truthfully, aside from the admitted shill account, I think their biggest problem at the moment is a lack of technical knowledge and expertise. Being that whomever set up their website and Facebook pages doesn't understand the difference between forged, billet, milled or cast it still casts some doubt on exactly what they are making. Serious buyers who are willing to spend $1400 - $2k on an AR absolutely want to know things like what barrel steel is used, is it chrome lined, how is it chambered, what are the bolt carrier specs, is the RE milspec or commercial, etc? If you think they've been treated badly here, please understand that they would be absolutely slaughtered on AR specific boards.

I'm still very interested in performing an assessment of a complete factory assembled SJD gun and publishing the findings here so that everyone has a clearer picture of what SJD is producing. Despite some people's impression, I'd love the chance to personally inspect and perform a live fire review of one of their guns, covering assembly inspection, parts identification and a 500 -1k round test fire on my dime, maybe even some FA testing as well. The gun would need to be a new, complete, factory assembled gun in order for the test to be as honest as possible and would take about a week to complete. Maybe one of you guys that have buddied up with SJD can talk to them about offering up a gun for T&E. The gun would obviously be returned SJD upon completion of the test. Just saying, I've got the ammo and tools, all I need is a test subject. ;)

Come on, you didn't think we'd forget about it that easily did you? :)

Truthfully, aside from the admitted shill account, I think their biggest problem at the moment is a lack of technical knowledge and expertise. Being that whomever set up their website and Facebook pages doesn't understand the difference between forged, billet, milled or cast it still casts some doubt on exactly what they are making. Serious buyers who are willing to spend $1400 - $2k on an AR absolutely want to know things like what barrel steel is used, is it chrome lined, how is it chambered, what are the bolt carrier specs, is the RE milspec or commercial, etc? If you think they've been treated badly here, please understand that they would be absolutely slaughtered on AR specific boards.

I'm still very interested in performing an assessment of a complete factory assembled SJD gun and publishing the findings here so that everyone has a clearer picture of what SJD is producing. Despite some people's impression, I'd love the chance to personally inspect and perform a live fire review of one of their guns, covering assembly inspection, parts identification and a 500 -1k round test fire on my dime, maybe even some FA testing as well. The gun would need to be a new, complete, factory assembled gun in order for the test to be as honest as possible and would take about a week to complete. Maybe one of you guys that have buddied up with SJD can talk to them about offering up a gun for T&E. The gun would obviously be returned SJD upon completion of the test. Just saying, I've got the ammo and tools, all I need is a test subject. ;)

Well at least be fair and post the thread where I am doing this myself, as a third party. I also have suggested you and I get together and do that T&E, which they have multiple times offered to come to us.

I hate when not all the details are posted about something. I am not pushing them in the least, I am doing this for my Homework and for people to follow if they choose to.

I only need a BCG, the carrier, rail and the barrel and we are good to go for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom