• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Skyjacker Defense!!!!! Awesome Guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this company approached us by marketing in a dishonest manner, they deserve any negative repercussions that result. As it stands the jabbing has been pretty lightweight. They may grow and change, but that happens over time. Since really no time has passed I cant give them credit for that yet.

I do appreciate that you guys have taken the chance of putting together a rifle using a few of their parts, and I can appreciate that they have offered a chance to sample one.

The problem I see is this - in a test/review the rifle cant really win. If the rifle has any failures, it's a loss. If the rifle functions, then so what? It cant just function - it has to function $1400 to $2000 worth or it's also a loss.

Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward the company, and hopefully it survives for the long haul...otherwise Biker will have to find a barstool to sit on a few days a week. ;)

Great points all around. Thanks for the post. It's pretty clear that I've been a critic & skeptic since the original shill thread. As this has drawn out, I've become more interested in the overall product. Not for my own use, but to hopefully answer the quality vs value question. It's almost an academic curiosity at this point for me.

Your points about the proposed test are well founded. As a result, I hope to keep it as transparent as possible. Any malfunctions will be thoroughly diagnosed if possible to rule out bad magazines, ammo issues, etc. The plan is to run a variety of ammo, test accuracy, endurance, reliability, etc. Nothing crazy, no throwing into mud, smashing into trees, dragging behind cars or rolling over it with trucks. The gun will be given the best opportunity to perform without undue influence. If we're allowed free access to the gun, it will be thoroughly cleaned at the outset and lubed as needed with Fireclean. I really need to sit down and write up a T&E protocol just to try and get all my thoughts down on paper, but it won't just be a range day and report back. I'm not really interested in something that simple. I want to be able to independently examine the gun and evaluate everything from assembly to specs after firing the gun. Any disassembly needs to take place after test fire so that the gun is tested "as shipped". Finally, I'd also like to submit a spec sheet to SJD to determine the specs for critical components used in assembly. I'm open to ideas and would entertain any suggestions within reason.

Why is there an assumption that biker hangs out there?
He's been there 1 less time then me. I've been there three times.
So about this assumption thing

So what you are saying is that your an even bigger Fanboy of skyjacker than Biker?
I for one am going to boycott this Skyjerker operation until Biker comes clean and shaves that beard off!!

Great points all around. Thanks for the post. It's pretty clear that I've been a critic & skeptic since the original shill thread. As this has drawn out, I've become more interested in the overall product. Not for my own use, but to hopefully answer the quality vs value question. It's almost an academic curiosity at this point for me.

Your points about the proposed test are well founded. As a result, I hope to keep it as transparent as possible. Any malfunctions will be thoroughly diagnosed if possible to rule out bad magazines, ammo issues, etc. The plan is to run a variety of ammo, test accuracy, endurance, reliability, etc. Nothing crazy, no throwing into mud, smashing into trees, dragging behind cars or rolling over it with trucks. The gun will be given the best opportunity to perform without undue influence. If we're allowed free access to the gun, it will be thoroughly cleaned at the outset and lubed as needed with Fireclean. I really need to sit down and write up a T&E protocol just to try and get all my thoughts down on paper, but it won't just be a range day and report back. I'm not really interested in something that simple. I want to be able to independently examine the gun and evaluate everything from assembly to specs after firing the gun. Any disassembly needs to take place after test fire so that the gun is tested "as shipped". Finally, I'd also like to submit a spec sheet to SJD to determine the specs for critical components used in assembly. I'm open to ideas and would entertain any suggestions within reason.

I just realized more then a couple people here are on my ignore list. As for transparency, I have texted Rom, Mtdawg, and a few others about SJD willingness to provide weapons, meet at a place and discuss all of the issues once again beaten to death by the same people....who ironically are the same ones that would "put this rifle to the test" and yet refuse to go there; and ironically the only ones "defending them" are the ones that visited the shop. Biker, 300 AAC, shinooflegends and I are all "committed" to doing our home work. The rest of you can keep talking, keep typing and keep out of this thread unless you can provide details of your visit there.

And i am curious how many people here asked core15, PSa, Daniel defense, or hell even FT. Daniel for a back door visit to their operations.? Just my .02.

And i am curious how many people here asked core15, PSa, Daniel defense, or hell even FT. Daniel for a back door visit to their operations.? Just my .02.
I was unaware that any of those companies had been caught shilling or lying about their products. Had SJD not been caught shilling and misrepresenting their products we wouldn't be talking about them either. As far as your ignore list, that just shows immaturity on your part.

I was just trying to clarify for you what the other guy said...I've made no assumptions.

Well that's good to know since I was getting msgs from people that you've asked if I was there...

I'm glad you don't assume and asks...just wish your nosey ass would have just asked me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom