• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep Apnia/ Snoring recommendations

I had the study. I know I happened to not sleep that night but just for a very short time. And they diagnosed with the ailment. I felt like that was bogus. However I do know I snore and I know I need to do something about it.

NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter nailed it!

Lose weight, hydrate, eat healthier, and more cardio. I lost 140 pounds over 2 years doing this and no longer snore.....
this doesn't work for all people. At 185lbs I'm a twig and still have it. My O2 sat would drop to 19%, I doubt I'd live very long without the APAP. The APAP is worlds better than a CPAP. With the CPAP my O2 sat would PEAK at 86%.

Also, I had the surgery done. My avg pressures are down to 10.5 from 16. The machine maxes out at 20 if that tells you anything. They cut everything off the top of my throat from one side to the other. I definitely do NOT recommend that part of the surgery, but they can't put it back so I'm SOL on that. The nasal part of the surgery seems to help but if I had it to do over again, I'd have the entire septum moved---they didn't do it because ****ing insurance considers it to be cosmetic surgery, which is BULL****.

All kidding aside, I seriously hope you and everyone else having these problems find solutions that help (if not completely cure) all that disrupts your sleep . The restoration every night is critical and I fear a good bit of the problems I have may stem from some of this also.
Good luck folks !!

There will be murders if my cpap gets lost or stolen. Just saw a study saying unchecked apnea cuts an average of 7 yrs off your life. The railroad is taking 38 years from me, I'm gonna need those 7 on the back end.

Back
Top Bottom