• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Small detail everyone will notice

But you would see the feedback under classified ad's. Just not general discussions. You're opinion on general discussions should be challenged on their ability to discuss, not on how much feedback they have (said the guy with 11 feedback)
It's not just that. It's a useful point of reference for several things. For example, someone with zero feedback may be the most knowledgeable person in the world about firearms but... if I'm reading a technical post in the "Firearms chat" forum, for example, and someone comments that has lots of trades, while they may not be Einstein, at least I know they've had their hands on a few guns.

I'm good either way.

I can appreciate that the selling feedback is really most appropriate for posts/threads involving actual trades/sales and that we may want a little more streamline look. The truth is that just like post counts though, while it may help some folks form a mental picture of the member when dealing with them, it does't necessarily give an accurate picture or translate to threads that are not connected to sales/trades. But I get why people like it or rather why most will not like the change. Especially because folks are used to it.

Because most will perceive this as "losing something", the human instinct of loss aversion kicks in. That means that most will instinctually not favor this.

And yet I can't see how many deals you've done OR if you have any negs unless I go look up your trading stats. Trading stats don't have squat to do with debates or discussions but EVERYTHING to do with if I'll click on your ad for ANYTHING. Noobs....Smh....
I figured out noob, but please explain smh! I don't have to see your trading profile to know you're just going to pass judgement because I haven't been trading on this site for years. Yet I'm 45 yrs old and bought my first gun on my 21 birthday. Life time member of the NRA, but I just found odt so cut me some
Slack! I'm entitled to an opinion, as well as changing my opinion like I did in the following post.

It's not just that. It's a useful point of reference for several things. For example, someone with zero feedback may be the most knowledgeable person in the world about firearms but... if I'm reading a technical post in the "Firearms chat" forum, for example, and someone comments that has lots of trades, while they may not be Einstein, at least I know they've had their hands on a few guns.

Seriously, feedback is perhaps the last thing I would take away from the pile on the left. That avatars are entertaining, and location is important, but I can take or leave the rest of it. The feedback is a big selling point for this site and is one of the things that makes us unique, in a good way. Why hide it?

I figured out noob, but please explain smh! I don't have to see your trading profile to know you're just going to pass judgement because I haven't been trading on this site for years. Yet I'm 45 yrs old and bought my first gun on my 21 birthday. Life time member of the NRA, but I just found odt so cut me some
Slack! I'm entitled to an opinion, as well as changing my opinion like I did in the following post.

Pipe down noob!

Back
Top Bottom