• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Small Game hunting on WMA during Archery

39   0
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed in the regs. for 2017-2018 that they allow small game hunting during Archery hunts on WMA. Is it just me that finds this crazy? They also allow small game hunting during firearms hunts also on WMA's. What do you think? Does this create
trouble?

Have taken many good BUCKS, when others are small game hunting, their dogs have run many DEER, straight to me, then we have dogs (PORCH DOGS) run them to us and away from us...

Just depends on how you view it.

Besides, crows, squirrels, owls, woodpeckers, hawks, coyotes, make a bunch of noise too and we still see game. Can't always have it "CHURCH MOUSE QUIET."

It's been that way for a couple of years, at least locally.

I even called the local district office to double check when the change was made to make sure that it was not a typo.

I small game hunt on our local WMA, but even in archery season I wear some orange, maybe just a hat, but I'm not trusting any body.

I'm going to BP hunt squirrels this year, so I'm sure I will get an earful from some Robin Hoods.

Squirrel hunters usually run the deer off when I'm archery hunting.
Had a few occasions where they were hollering at each other and shooting repeatedly near me.
I hung my blaze vest on my stand and they didn't seem to give a rip.
Yeah I think there's a conflict depending on whether or not it hurts o helps your deer hunting.
I've also had guys shooting at birds with their shotgun pellets raining down on me from above.
Did they respond to my whistles?.....hell no.....kept doing it until they visually saw me .
I've got so many stories to fill a book.

Yep.
Nothing beats the time I had some asshat shooting over my head repeatedly at a deer on my own property in Pennsylvania.
Lotsa major a holes up there.

Back
Top Bottom