• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith 360pd ammo question

pltspreader

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
74   1
Reaction score
After a few shots you see what came out and why gun wouldn’t function anyone else seen this or just a junk ammo issue? All other ammo in box is same length and inspected upon loading . Must be the recoil.

Attachments

• FB375ACA-87B3-4F2A-B8FA-9DCDC6F18086.jpeg
    FB375ACA-87B3-4F2A-B8FA-9DCDC6F18086.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 0B27818A-58C7-4361-A0AD-4836FB4B0533.jpeg
    0B27818A-58C7-4361-A0AD-4836FB4B0533.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 9
Having a revolver's bullet break its crimp and creep forward still within the case but enough to jam the cylinder of a revolver is a well-known phenomenon.

It usually happens with a very light weight alloy or polymer frame revolvers with heavy loads, and your 357 magnums certainly qualify as that.

Also heavier bullets (158 gr.) do this more often than light bullets (125 gr.) because the projectile has greater mass and wants to remain in place while the gun recoils backward around it.

I wouldn't call the Armscorp rounds you've pictured "junk" but I would not use them in that particular revolver anymore.
You should try a premium brand with a cannelure on the bullet and a very heavy crimp.

You might have to drop your projectiles bullet weight down to around 125 grains, too.

I wouldn't call the Armscorp rounds you've pictured "junk" but I would not use them in that particular revolver anymore.
You should try a premium brand with a cannelure on the bullet and a very heavy crimp.

You might have to drop your projectiles bullet weight down to around 125 grains, too.
Thank you, right now I call them junk I’ll feel better about them in the morning and apologize. I’m going to try another brand 357 tomorrow. Thanks for explaining. It’s a 14 oz scandium gun. Barks and bites hard

38 special +p will be kinder to the hand. And,your man card will still respect you in the morning. I HAD a 360 PD once.
I still have a 629 3" it's recoil is a much more satisfying type of pain.

Sometimes I miss my 360 and then I remember shooting it and I’m glad it’s gone.
The recoil doesn’t bother me. I put larger grips on it, it’s standable. Wouldn’t let anyone else shoot it probably but Not many people even want to shoot a revolver anymore, not cool enough lol

Back
Top Bottom