• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith 642 Help

I believe the parts are basically the same. By enhanced I believe that the action has been "tuned".
I think they are both Performance Center. This where I'm getting confused. Is the " Enhanced Action" better than a basic performance center?

I picked up and tried the action on a performance center 642 at the gun store the other day..
I then asked to handle the regular 642 and I swear I could feel NO difference between them..

I picked up and tried the action on a performance center 642 at the gun store the other day..
I then asked to handle the regular 642 and I swear I could feel NO difference between them..
Even on the trigger? Did you dry fire it single and double action? Still no difference?

yes..it was a hammerless 642..Thats what I cycled(The trigger)...repeatedly
1 in my left hand and 1 in my right
I even commented that there was no difference?
the salesman went into his sales pitch and I finally told him to close his eyes and I would hand them back to him,and if he could tell the difference I would buy him(and everyone in the store) pizza..

He tried and guessed wrong..
I walked away..

You can stone the trigger in any smith in very short time, I stone all my smiths, very easy. And then you have an amazing trigger.

Back
Top Bottom