• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith 642 Help

I picked up and tried the action on a performance center 642 at the gun store the other day..
I then asked to handle the regular 642 and I swear I could feel NO difference between them..
I picked up a PC at gun show and it felt more consistent and smoother to me. So much so, I'm willing to drop an extra Benjamin for it.

You can stone the trigger in any smith in very short time, I stone all my smiths, very easy. And then you have an amazing trigger.
While I agree, I'm not comfortable stoning an action without past experience. From my understanding, it's fairly easy to screw up if done incorrectly. There are a few things I don't mind tackling but, this seems more risky.

While I agree, I'm not comfortable stoning an action without past experience. From my understanding, it's fairly easy to screw up if done incorrectly. There are a few things I don't mind tackling but, this seems more risky.
Not really, you would have to try to screw it up, all you are doing is polishing the high points. But I understand your hesitation, never do anything to a firearm you aren't comfortable doing.

If you were closer to me, I'd tell you to buy a spring kit, bring it to my place, and I'd install and stone the action while you watch/wait. Offer stands, but may be further than you wanna drive.

If you were closer to me, I'd tell you to buy a spring kit, bring it to my place, and I'd install and stone the action while you watch/wait. Offer stands, but may be further than you wanna drive.
I vote you to be the MVT (Most Valuable Trader) of the ODT. You are always offering to help someone out.

IMG_3786.JPG

My "Performance Center" 637 Gunsmoke edition "Wyatt Deep Cover" has a better trigger than a stock J-frame .38 snubby.

That was how it was advertised, and I confirmed it by dry firing it in the store, so I bought it.

I've installed springs in a Smith just haven't played with stone. Actually have a stone I picked up if I can find it. Just haven't gotten up the nerve.

Back
Top Bottom