• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith and Wesson sight help

image.jpg
image.jpg
It’s rrally hard to tell in the pics. I never seen it until my oldest son looked at it.

Bent slightly to the right? If it doesn’t effect how it shoots, I wouldn’t worry about it.

If it does bother you enough that you can’t live with it, a light touch, an anvil, and a hammer can straighten it out.

Since you bought it used, not sure S&W will warranty it. No way to tell if it came from the factory that way, or did the previous owner bend the sight. The former would be a warranty issue, the latter would not.

Are you sure that the front sight is bent, and it’s not the barrel being canted? I can’t tell from the pics.

It looks like the sight is bent to me, as the bend is half way down almost like it was hit while in his pocket. I will take it to the range and fire it to see how the sights do and make my determation from there I guess. It’s odd cause there is no visible damage marks on the sight (like it was dropped) thanks for all of your help

Photo from the muzzle end looks like the blade isn`t milled with the sides exactly parallel. It might not be a problem when shooting as far as point of aim equals point of impact.
You`ll have to shoot it and find out.

That`s unfortunately fairly typical of some of S&W quality control slip ups now.

S&W used to be very easy to deal with concerning repairs, whether warranty or paid work, I haven`t sent anything to them for repair/refinish in years, however.

I`ll cross my fingers for you and hope the sight won`t give you a problem when you shoot.

Photo from the muzzle end looks like the blade isn`t milled with the sides exactly parallel. It might not be a problem when shooting as far as point of aim equals point of impact.
You`ll have to shoot it and find out.

That`s unfortunately fairly typical of some of S&W quality control slip ups now.

S&W used to be very easy to deal with concerning repairs, whether warranty or paid work, I haven`t sent anything to them for repair/refinish in years, however.

I`ll cross my fingers for you and hope the sight won`t give you a problem when you shoot.

Really appreciate it man.

Back
Top Bottom