• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith collectors. This might be of interest.

I once bought a S&W in an unusual configuration that after quite a bit of research and some blind luck, I discovered was one of if not the only sales sample that eventually got the Missouri State Police contract. That gun was normally marked in every way. The only way I found out its history was a factory letter, a conversation with Roy Jinks and an advanced collector contacting me. My point is that gun looks fake as fake gets. grips dont look even on the bottom suggesting to me the serial was polished off. Never seen a sales gun marked DUMMY. My knowledge of sales guns was they were normal guns pulled from stock, or made up special and normally serialized and usually ended up being sold somewhere along the way.

I think the "DUMMY" mark is the name of the previous owner. In the 70's and 80's it was common practice to engrave your social security on the frame of a revolver, sometimes on the bottom strap. This guy must have stamped his name. Cheaper than buying an electro pencil.

This has been authenticated:

il_570xN.318090512.jpg

$950 firm. Kept in refrigerator. 98% ( a few tooth marks that will buff right out). Will ship and accept Paypal.

No BS required.

Back
Top Bottom