• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith & Wesson 500.......

TBurnham

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   0
Reaction score
I just picked one up and wanted to know what to expect. How much recoil is there. I shoot and reload for a 629-3 6 in barrel 44 mag and LOVE it. BUT I expect the 500 to be a good bit more.Love to hear from anyone that already owns and shoots one.

It will be a little more recoil than our 44 mag. I would recommend loading one round at a time for new shooters of big handguns to avoid people doing a (double-tap) while trying to keep a grip on the pistol.

Thanks for the info. I went and shot it this morning. It was not as bad as I had expected. I did have a bi pod on the front of it and shot it off a bench. I shot three different loads. The specials were not bad at all but the Hornady home defense was a handful!! Look forward already to shooting it some more. Now just to learn to reload for it.

I have seen a doudle tap with an S&W .460. It was unreal how fast the second round went off. So fast it sounded almost like a single round but it just wasn't right.
Checked target and there were two holes stacked about a half inch apart. The large fingered young man wouldn't shoot it again to see if it would duplicate. Has not happened since either but it sure was cool...

Back
Top Bottom