• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0

Like I said, I'm probably the oddball. Then again, I don't think recent production M&P triggers are all that bad either. I've just grown so accustomed to my Apex FSS and DCAEK triggers, that most factory triggers feel meh to me. I sold off a VP9 because I didn't think it lived up to the hype either. Call me crazy...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My main gripe with the M&P trigger is the mushy feel of the reset. I like a positive "click". Other than that, I would be OK with it.

My main gripe with the M&P trigger is the mushy feel of the reset. I like a positive "click". Other than that, I would be OK with it.
That seems to be the most common complaint. More recent production models (last 12-18 months) showed decent improvement in reset feeling more positive. Not Glock positive, but better. They revised the trigger bar, slide stop, etc to give it a better "click". I don't shoot from reset, so it never bothered me. That's probably because I shoot Apex triggers though, as they have a shorter reset than the factory. I have short stroked the factory trigger in the past.

That seems to be the most common complaint. More recent production models (last 12-18 months) showed decent improvement in reset feeling more positive. Not Glock positive, but better. They revised the trigger bar, slide stop, etc to give it a better "click". I don't shoot from reset, so it never bothered me. That's probably because I shoot Apex triggers though, as they have a shorter reset than the factory. I have short stroked the factory trigger in the past.

Yep. I'm used to the SIG P229 SRT and 1911's. Compared to those, most pistols have a crap reset.

If I were to own an M&P, it would have the Apex kit in it.

DA/SA. Stands for Short Reset Trigger.
Yeah, I knew it had a super short reset. Just wasn't sure if it was solely a DA/SA option or if they made a version with a consistent pull every time. I've really been considering trying out the light LEM on a P2000, just because I have an itch to try something new. Not as a primary, but just for the sake of trying it out. Plus, I've got an HK itch that needs scratching. I just don't think I can go back to da/sa after shooting striker fired guns for so long. And I never really mastered the da/sa anyway. Various Sigs, a couple of USP's, never could adjust to them.

Yeah, I knew it had a super short reset. Just wasn't sure if it was solely a DA/SA option or if they made a version with a consistent pull every time. I've really been considering trying out the light LEM on a P2000, just because I have an itch to try something new. Not as a primary, but just for the sake of trying it out. Plus, I've got an HK itch that needs scratching. I just don't think I can go back to da/sa after shooting striker fired guns for so long. And I never really mastered the da/sa anyway. Various Sigs, a couple of USP's, never could adjust to them.

Yeah, it's a different animal. I don't really recommend it.......too many excellent options nowadays in handguns that DON'T have 2 totally different trigger pulls in them, with the "worst" pull being that crucial first shot. I shoot a DA/SA extremely well, but it takes diligent practice.

One of the times I took a handgun class from Ken Hackathorn he said, "Larry (Vickers) says that folks can't run a DA/SA well. He needs to come and watch you Air Marshals shoot!" There were 2 of us in that particular class, both running P229's.

Back
Top Bottom