• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0

I got a tan one today from CGP for 430...... Pretty excited and looking forward to shooting it...

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2016_12_IMG_5159.jpg
Good price. That's about where I expect these to level out. Gen 1's vary widely depending on where you shop. But I've always paid around $430 for them.

I looked at the Gen 2 the other day at Academy. The one thing I noticed about the cerakote was that it really seemed to attract a lot of grease and grime.

Glad you like your new gun. I hear people say they don't like a loaded chamber indicator but never hear a reason why. To me it's a value add. I've never seen a malfunction attributed to one and if/when you have to clear a malfunction in the dark, it's a tactile way to ensure you didn't in fact just clear your last round. You may not use it/need it, but it's not in the way. To me an LCI which everyone seems to hate makes more sense than visual only press checks that everyone seems to love. I guess one just looks cooler than the other.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I think the LCI was a requirement for the MWS contract, which is why it is on the 5" model and not the standard model.
If it's similar to the original, it shouldn't be that difficult to pop the safety out. You just need the frame blanks to fill the holes.
Based on the couple I looked at, it does look the same, so removal of the safety should be a simple task. One comment on the safety levers, they are thinner than the original and less obtrusive.

Back
Top Bottom