• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoke or Grill Pheasants??

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
haven't cooked any before. Got a mess of them in the freezer from a hunt. What's the best way to cook them and would you share your favorite recipes? I know we all have secret ones. You can leave out the special ingredients! Lol. Thanks

Grill them and they will dry out, smoke them till the outside just turns brown then wrap them in foil and continue to smoke / maybe before you wrap them put and ice cube or 2 inside the body cavity to help keep them moist. Phesant is not a fatty bird they will dry out quick if not careful, Good Luck

Grill them and they will dry out, smoke them till the outside just turns brown then wrap them in foil and continue to smoke / maybe before you wrap them put and ice cube or 2 inside the body cavity to help keep them moist. Phesant is not a fatty bird they will dry out quick if not careful, Good Luck
This^^^^with butter,brown sugar,and brandy. But i would give a quick , i mean quick sear on the White coals before smoking (locks in the Goodness)

I have a clay pot with a lid for the oven..Yes I do a ton of smoking with the kamato, and the Master built electric smoker. I like the clay for a fast cooking smaller bird. I do the Turkey's on the Kamato, but that clay roaster for the oven is da bomb...I make a mixture of butter clarified, course garlic and rosemary. Rub it under the skin of the bird and spread McCormicks Rotisserie seasoning on the outside..Place sliced apples and Pine apple inside the bird and tie the legs closed..Fill 1.third of the roaster with chicken broth. Cover in the oven and cook at 350 degrees. when bird temp is close uncover and baste..I make a gravy out of the juice, and while that is being done seal the bird in aluminum foil. Enjoy I know I do. I serve with Dirty rice. Make sure to baste often

Back
Top Bottom