• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoked Shrimp

I made these a couple nights ago and they were so freaking good, I made a double batch the next night again...

So this is a small cast iron pan. I used a pound of shrimp and I made a double layer in the pan. I tossed the shrimp in olive oil and this seasoning that I had combined with Old Bay Garlic flavor. The seasoning I picked up somewhere off the highway in Hilton Head so I'll have to pick up some more whenever I go back.

View attachment 4149524View attachment 4149525View attachment 4149526

I think they were in 250° for about 20 minutes or so if I remember right. Cast iron went in cold, I didn't preheat it.

The 2nd night I made a double batch--2lbs of shrimp and double layered them again in a bigger cast iron pan. I don't have finished pics bc I forgot lol. Same temp but the cooking time increased to probably 35 minutes or longer. I didn't keep track but I remember checking them a few times and they weren't done yet.

As a side note, I smoked a dry aged ribeye with olive oil, thyme, sage and rosemary...I completely overshot the mark (I like my steaks medium) but it was still pretty amazing. But the shrimp, OMG the shrimp...

View attachment 4149555View attachment 4149556View attachment 4149557
Mmmm. Looks good.

I made these a couple nights ago and they were so freaking good, I made a double batch the next night again...

So this is a small cast iron pan. I used a pound of shrimp and I made a double layer in the pan. I tossed the shrimp in olive oil and this seasoning that I had combined with Old Bay Garlic flavor. The seasoning I picked up somewhere off the highway in Hilton Head so I'll have to pick up some more whenever I go back.

View attachment 4149524View attachment 4149525View attachment 4149526

I think they were in 250° for about 20 minutes or so if I remember right. Cast iron went in cold, I didn't preheat it.

The 2nd night I made a double batch--2lbs of shrimp and double layered them again in a bigger cast iron pan. I don't have finished pics bc I forgot lol. Same temp but the cooking time increased to probably 35 minutes or longer. I didn't keep track but I remember checking them a few times and they weren't done yet.

As a side note, I smoked a dry aged ribeye with olive oil, thyme, sage and rosemary...I completely overshot the mark (I like my steaks medium) but it was still pretty amazing. But the shrimp, OMG the shrimp...

View attachment 4149555View attachment 4149556View attachment 4149557

That looks so damn good. Never smoked any shrimps but that will be rectified shortly. What wood did you use?

That looks so damn good. Never smoked any shrimps but that will be rectified shortly. What wood did you use?
Thanks! I had to go out and check bc I couldn't remember but what I used was hickory.

Also you can pull the shrimp earlier than I did, I left mine in a little longer to get the color and the crisp edges.

Back
Top Bottom