• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking a brisket?

New guy trying to brag again,,, Been smoking mean briskets for a while now , 12 hours , top and bottom vent half open , apple wood chunks and pecan wood chips (soaked in water all night before) , I have a separate charcoal basket thangy i get the charcoal white in before putting it in the grill every 4 hours. My 2 cents is to can the gas grill and don't use mesquite unless you want it STRONG SMOKY , hickory is ok but in moderation (12hours is a long time over smoke). I did the gas grill thang 20 yrs ago and you can do it but there's no comparison IMHO.

Every bite of Norman is your revenge. Lol. Kara is ok with eating him?

Yeah, she doesn't have any problems w/ eating him. I cooked a Norman sirloin roast Tuesday night and she loved it. She knew when we got him that he was going in the freezer, plus she grew up w/ cows that her parents slaughtered.

New guy trying to brag again,,, Been smoking mean briskets for a while now , 12 hours , top and bottom vent half open , apple wood chunks and pecan wood chips (soaked in water all night before) , I have a separate charcoal basket thangy i get the charcoal white in before putting it in the grill every 4 hours. My 2 cents is to can the gas grill and don't use mesquite unless you want it STRONG SMOKY , hickory is ok but in moderation (12hours is a long time over smoke). I did the gas grill thang 20 yrs ago and you can do it but there's no comparison IMHO.

You misunderstood. It started off life as a propane grill. It is now charcoal...

My Bad, i would say "you can't mess up a brisket" but I did. Heard about them Texans smoking briskets for three days so I says I won't be out done by no Texans and I smoked a $75.00 slab for 3 days LOL Ever had beef pudding?*&%#@ that was in 94 , still pisses me off

My Bad, i would say "you can't mess up a brisket" but I did. Heard about them Texans smoking briskets for three days so I says I won't be out done by no Texans and I smoked a $75.00 slab for 3 days LOL Ever had beef pudding?*&%#@ that was in 94 , still pisses me off

Well, if this one doesn't turn out well, I have several more that I can try again w/. Typically, I don't believe in beef bbq. But, beef is what I have got. So beef is what I am going to smoke. I want to use one of the other briskets to corn and then make pastrami. But, that is something that I will have to research first.

Back
Top Bottom