• Grind it up for tacos

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Shads

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Slack-jawwed Booger-eatin Redneck
64   0
Reaction score
Hey folks. I got a whole hind quarter (bone out) from the last deer I shot. Looking for some good recipes to try on this thing as soon as it quits raining long enough to do it. Anybody got any brine, recipes, cooking instructions? I will be doing it over charcoal with wood chunks and probably some lump charcoal all mixed. Thanks in advance for any responses

Cut it open to remove the bone and keep cutting to fillet it . Mash garlic cloves with salt into a paste. Smear on meat. Drizzle Olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary and tyme. Now, roll it up, cover with some bacon and truss it. I have a rosemary bush in the yard. I use it a lot. Very hardy. Consider getting one. Smoke it over a water pan. Watch your meat temp. If you have 2 levels. Put a pork butt on top to drip on it

Cut it open to remove the bone and keep cutting to fillet it . Mash garlic cloves with salt into a paste. Smear on meat. Drizzle Olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary and tyme. Now, roll it up, cover with some bacon and truss it. I have a rosemary bush in the yard. I use it a lot. Very hardy. Consider getting one. Smoke it over a water pan. Watch your meat temp. If you have 2 levels. Put a pork butt on top to drip on it
do you cut it open enough to remove all the lymph nodes or glands or what ever that stuff is?

Back
Top Bottom