• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking cigarettes

Ruger34

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
I Reckon So
231   0
Reaction score
Well after 20 plus years I have laid them down, going on 36 hours now without one, as I have not been hit hard by a craving yet, I am sure it is coming, what I am struggling with is the need to have something in my hand, what are somethings y’all that have been in the same shoes done to help with the feeling on needing to do somthing with my hands?

Well after 20 plus years I have laid them down, going on 36 hours now without one, as I have not been hit hard by a craving yet, I am sure it is coming, what I am struggling with is the need to have something in my hand, what are somethings y’all that have been in the same shoes done to help with the feeling on needing to do somthing with my hands?
i have not smoked but my dad did for about 55 years. He ate lots of jolly ranchers. And carried around a coffee cup.(more than normal)
He's been quit 10 years and complains his sense of smell hasn't come back. Good luck to you!

Yeah, you are gonna need to have something to replace that feeling (subconscious feeling) like maybe a pen or something that you can roll around.
Take a good thick , small ballon and fill it with sand some and tie it tight. Then you can roll it around, squeeze it between the fingers, etc…. Just an idea.
Hard candy works for some of the cravings of having something to munch on ….if you like Jolly Ranchers or peppermints, I like these strawberry type ones with a soft center.

I vape too and that just replaces one with another (habit). I cut my smoking down considerably though after over 20 yrs but with the vape thing I can’t say it’s a success.

Vape! It really does help. If going cold turkey on nicotine does not work for you contact me and I'll explain how I was able to quit by trimming down on the amount of nicotine in the vape over a number of years. That was after 35 years of smoking and trying everything else.

I have been nicotine free for about five years and vape free for about four years and it was basically painless. It's all about doing it right.

The first 2-3 months are the worst but you can do it. You’ve taken the hardest step and this time next year you will be so glad you did. Hang tough. If you are home you could do some dry fire drills to give your hands something to do to distract you from the cravings.

Back
Top Bottom