• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoothie basics

What would constitute as proper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
more veggies. nanners are very high in sugar. sugar will give you tons of health issues that you dont want.
slow coming and EXTRA slow going, IF, your one of the lucky ones.
liquid sugar is the worst for you. will turn you into a diabetic fast. doesnt matter if fruit or table sugar, or high carb foods.

so far every suggestion ive read is high sugar lol. not healthy at all.
eat your fruits and dring your veggies guys.
A medium banana has about 100 calories and 14 grams of sugar, a whole Hass avocado has a couple of hundred calories but only 1 gram of sugar, a tablespoon of honey has 64 calories and 17 grams of sugar and half a can of unsweetened coconut milk has about 250 calories and maybe 2 grams of sugar. So my smoothie would have a ton of calories and less than 50 grams of naturally occurring sugars ( glucose, fructose, sucrose, and galactose} so I don't feel bad about having one a couple of times a week.
And a banana has less sugar than an apple or a cup of grapes. I'm sure diabetics know which foods to avoid but I'm in pretty good health for someone of my age and activity level so I don't have a problem as far as my blood sugar goes.
In the past year I've only had 6 sodas, and those were sweetened with cane sugar, so I've almost completely eliminated my intake of high fructose corn syrup. I thought I'd notice a difference but I didn't drink sodas every day so other than losing a few pounds I can't really see a change.
I've also cut back on coffee but am not ready to totally give up my only real vice.

lol. ok bro.
let me ask you, which type apples are you talking about? which type banana? grapes?
they are all different. oh and how many carbs are those smoothies? carbs are pretty much sugars.
less than 50grm of sugar. god i hope so when a normal person it is suggested no more that 36 FOR THE ENTIRE DAY
worth of meals. do as you wish. its up to you. oh and your banana sugar content changes as it ripens.
the starches turn into sugars. and the fiber content also plays a major roll as far as the speed of the sugar intake.
the more fiber the slower the sugar intake which is better than a full on sugar dump.
i could go on and on ripping this apart but thats not why i made my post to this thread. it was to warn folks of
the high sugar in ALL the posts up until mine above, not to try and be a asshole know it all or show any disrespect.
again folks, eat your fruits and drink your veggies. eating fruit if you must have any, is a slower intake of sugar absorption than drinking it. slower and less of a sugar spike. oh and please, double check anything you read before you take it as a fact.

I’m working on baby steps to better health. I’m sure my current is better than my milkshakes prior to. My intentions were to get more fruits and vegetables so I guess I’m partially there. I’ll look at reducing fruit.
What veggies do you all incorporate? Im not wanting to be dependent on powders and such.

lol. ok bro.
let me ask you, which type apples are you talking about? which type banana? grapes?
they are all different. oh and how many carbs are those smoothies? carbs are pretty much sugars.
less than 50grm of sugar. god i hope so when a normal person it is suggested no more that 36 FOR THE ENTIRE DAY
worth of meals. do as you wish. its up to you. oh and your banana sugar content changes as it ripens.
the starches turn into sugars. and the fiber content also plays a major roll as far as the speed of the sugar intake.
the more fiber the slower the sugar intake which is better than a full on sugar dump.
i could go on and on ripping this apart but thats not why i made my post to this thread. it was to warn folks of
the high sugar in ALL the posts up until mine above, not to try and be a asshole know it all or show any disrespect.
again folks, eat your fruits and drink your veggies. eating fruit if you must have any, is a slower intake of sugar absorption than drinking it. slower and less of a sugar spike. oh and please, double check anything you read before you take it as a fact.
Well if I ever develop type 2 diabetes from drinking fruit and eating vegetables I will humbly say you told me so.
There is added sugar in almost everything so I'll take my chances with the natural sources.
If I ever get to the point where I need to know if a Granny Smith has more sugar than an Arkansas Black I'll start a thread on the ODT- it's where I come for all my medical advice.
And legal advice. And relationship advice.
Seriously, this place has an expert for anything, even smoothies it seems.

Back
Top Bottom