• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake boot advise

25   0
Reaction score
I have owned two pairs of Rocky snake boots. The first I bought in the mid-1990s. They were tough, waterproof and comfortable. The second were chinese made junk, leaked after a few months and would never break in. My question is: who makes a good waterproof, comfortable snake boot? At first I wanted to find some that are made in the USA, but I think this may be impossible.

What about Danners or Chippewas?

My Dad got me a pair of Rocky boots that are well made. Normally I wear chaps but chaps won't protect the top of the foot. Which ever pair you get make sure they are a size larger than you normally wear. Tight fitting snake boots are not fun.

I have owned two pairs of Rocky snake boots. The first I bought in the mid-1990s. They were tough, waterproof and comfortable. The second were chinese made junk, leaked after a few months and would never break in. My question is: who makes a good waterproof, comfortable snake boot? At first I wanted to find some that are made in the USA, but I think this may be impossible.

What about Danners or Chippewas?

I agree 100%. Rocky boots have gone from some of the best to POS and their customer support has gone with the quality. I bought some of their side zips a while back at Basspro. They were on sale so I bought them even though I did not need them at the time. I actually had them for over a year before taking them to the woods. On the third or forth use one of the seams blew out. Yep came unstitched. BP would not take them back because, even though it was obvious they had seen limited use, it had been well over a year since I bought them but they were sure Rocky would stand behind them.

WELL, I called Rocky and the lady on the phone treated me like I was an idiot for asking them to fix or replace them because I purchased them more than a year before regardless of how many times they had been to the woods.

Bottom line, I still have them and do use them. The seam got no worse but leaks like flip flops. I did not throw them away, would have served no purpose but YOU COULD NOT GIVE ME ANOTHER PAIR OF ROCKY BOOTS OF ANY KIND. I also take every opportunity I get to share my experience and the response I got when I called their customer service.

Worst thing Danner ever did was quit making their Sharptail snake boots. Mine have a lot of miles on them and are still going. I'm assuming they will stop a snake bite but I don't want to find out lol.

IMG_20160619_133704797.jpg

Back
Top Bottom