• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake boot recommendations for tree trunk calves

I have a pair of Lacrosse knee high snake boots that I hunt in due to large calves. Just remember to get a shoe removal device unless you want to be hopping around looking like an idiot before you fall if they don't have a zipper. $150 for boots vs $25k for hospital and lost time is a no brainer for me.

Lacrosse Alpha Snake boots. The top has a buckle and strap to adjust the fit.
I have issues with my left foot quite often and footwear makes or breaks my days.
I logged a couple of 8 and 9 mile days in mine this season and my feet felt fine afterwards.

This:
I’ve also got the Lacrosse.....I think the venom’s they’re called now.
Been wearing them for three years and they tie all the way up to your liking with a velcro strap at the top to fold across over the front where you ties the string.
Set them once for a comfy fit and there’s a zipper along the one entire side of the boot top to bottom and all you do is unzip then zip them up once you set your string tension.
Nice comfy boots for all day hunts.
I’ve used mine almost every weekend for three years now and they’re extremely comfortable, lightweight, water resistant and fairly breatheable.
The soles have held up well considering the abuse I put them through in the mountains.

Never owned a pair, but the serious woodsman all seem to use Chippewa snake boots. I have skinny calves and a pair of Irish Setters, that were only waterproof for about half a year. I did put some serious miles on them though. I wouldn’t recommend them for large calves but they are lace up and very adjustable.

This:
I’ve also got the Lacrosse.....I think the venom’s they’re called now.
Been wearing them for three years and they tie all the way up to your liking with a velcro strap at the top to fold across over the front where you ties the string.
Set them once for a comfy fit and there’s a zipper along the one entire side of the boot top to bottom and all you do is unzip then zip them up once you set your string tension.
Nice comfy boots for all day hunts.
I’ve used mine almost every weekend for three years now and they’re extremely comfortable, lightweight, water resistant and fairly breatheable.
The soles have held up well considering the abuse I put them through in the mountains.

Awesome.
The Lacrosse Alphas that I bought are slip ons. I got them for when I hunt in really wet, swampy areas or wet weather, especially down at Ft Stewart. I have a pair of Rocky lace ups as well. The only thing bad about them is that they only hold water back for so long and they’re not waterproof all the way up like the Lacrosse are. My feet will eventually get wet in the lace ups.

Back
Top Bottom