• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake hunting

Need a gopher hole, a 4' section of garden hose, gallon of gas, a plastic box, cell phone with 911 pre-dialed & ready to hit send, and a bottle of Jack. Enjoy!

Any time. Grew up in south Alabama snake hunting. Used to enter rattle snakes in the Opp, AL Rattlesnake Rodeo every year. Don't have the reflex now that I had 40 years ago - that's why I added the cell phone and Jack. Good hunting around Columbus. Caught a bigun duwn near Cuthbert a couple years ago.

When you do you wanna go bud? Lol

Ok here we go. Why is it a dick move to kill a rattlesnake to eat the meat and tan the skin?

He's a liberal forgive his comment, my granddad had a farm in fort Gains not far from you and we used to kill quite a few snakes off his land. Most of the time we would find them around his wood pile or under some plywood he had behind the cabin. When we went looking for them we would look down in armadillo holes. They would go down in there in the middle of the day and we would use a flashlight and check them. The rattle snakes loved using old armadillo dens.

Last edited:
Can't believe you know where opp al is!!!! My dad used to take us to that rodeo when I was a kid!!!! Small world

Any time. Grew up in south Alabama snake hunting. Used to enter rattle snakes in the Opp, AL Rattlesnake Rodeo every year. Don't have the reflex now that I had 40 years ago - that's why I added the cell phone and Jack. Good hunting around Columbus. Caught a bigun duwn near Cuthbert a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom